Figuring out what gifts to give loved ones for holidays can be challenging, but it can be especially challenging when one or more of those loved ones are on a weight loss journey. Whether you are looking for a high or low budget gift, there are more options for a healthy lifestyle than the ever-popular Fitbit. The best gift you can give someone striving toward a more healthy life is your support. These gifts would just be an added holiday bonus! Happy shopping!
Hand or wrist weights – A pair of weights are usually under $20 and can be found at any super store, sporting goods stores, and online. Weights can be used for at-home strength exercises or for an added challenge on walks.
- A nice hardcover journal – Weight loss journeys can be emotional rollercoasters. Writing in a journal is a great method of documenting successes and working through rough patches. Journals can also be used to keep track of food intake, exercise, and weight numbers.
- NutriBullet blender – Blenders like the NutriBullet allow you to make a healthy smoothie in the blender cup and take the cup with you. This is a great option for a nutritious and satisfying breakfast for someone who is in a rush in the morning. The cost is around $75.
- Herbal tea – Variety packs of herbal tea cost $15 and under. Herbal tea is a low calorie way for your loved one to warm up in the winter months.
- Inspirational quote calendar – A daily dose of encouragement for the next year can help your loved one stick with healthy habits.
- New sneakers – A new pair of sneakers is always so fun to show off. It’s a challenge to see how fast they can get worn out!
- Sessions of yoga, pilates or another workout class for you to do together – Show your support by trying a new activity with your loved one. You both may find a new favorite way to exercise!
- A massage – A session with a massage therapist is a great reward for hard work. Depending on the amount of time, sessions range from about $40-$150.
- Water infuser – Give your loved one a tasty, calorie free way to stay hydrated. It’s fun to try new flavors and combinations! Cost is under $25.
- A standing desk – Desks that can be adjusted to a standing position are a great option for someone who wants to add some activity to their work day. It is best to alternate sitting and standing throughout the day.
- Sports store gift card – Let them choose activewear, a new gym bag, or equipment that they are comfortable with and they know they will use. Shopping with your loved one will help show your support.
- Encouragement – Positive words are free and should be given all year-round!
One comment on “12 holiday gift ideas for people trying to lose weight and get healthy”
These are great suggestions. Thank you!